Date(s) - 11/23/2018
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Downtown Sioux Falls Inc.
Beginning at 7:30PM on Friday, November 23, dazzling lighted holiday floats and music will flood historic Phillips Avenue from 13th Street to 5th Street. The 27th Annual Parade of Lights, presented by First Bank & Trust, is the official start to the downtown holiday season!
Registration Deadline is November 2, 2018.
PARADE REGISTRATION FORM: https://dtsf.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/POL-Packet-2018.pdf
For parking, consider trying a ramp for FREE after 5pm: https://dtsf.com/parking-transportation/
All registered POL floats are eligible for six different awards, judged by a panel of community leaders. Winners will each receive a trophy commemorating their achievement. The six 2018 awards are:
– Best Use of Lights: This award is given to the float that shows the most ingenuity and engineering in light usage and special effects for visual appeal.
– Best Workmanship: This award is given to the float that displays outstanding craftsmanship, neatness, attention to detail, overall design and usage of color and materials.
– Spirit of Sioux Falls: This award is for the float exhibiting the most public appeal and charm, most creatively pleasing the crowd.
– Mayor’s Choice: This award is given to the personal favorite of Sioux Falls Mayor.
– Downtown Sioux Falls Award: This award is given to the favorite of the DTSF board of directors.
– (NEW THIS YEAR) First Bank & Trust Hometown Pride Award: This award will be given to the float that best represents hometown pride, no matter what community you are from!
Join us at the Holiday Inn Sioux Falls-City Centre for the Parade of Lights After Party & Awards Ceremony! This free event is open to the public and will feature festive holiday lighting, free cookies and cider, and a cash bar!
Persons requiring special accommodation for participation in this event should call 605-338-4009 during regular business hours at least 48 hours prior to the event. Special needs will be accommodated whenever reasonably possible.